Saturday, December 24, 2011

Kicking my butt into gear

BellaDonna Saberhagen here.

One of the "resolutions" I made upon moving into my new place was that I'd stop being a f-ing lazy bum and actually keep it up and not let it get turned into the disaster areas my living places tend to become. This place defied those attempts by its very existence. The woman who lived here before us died here and I guess the landlords thought it ok to leave a bunch of her stuff here. We inherited useless bits of glass, two non-working vacuums, an entire junk drawer pre-stuffed with junk and a bunch of other randown crap stuffed into the closets. Now, we don't know what all is stuff that needs to stay here for what-ever reason and what we can get rid of. That's hurdle one.

Hurdle two was the horrible heat this summer which made even moving around a horrible thing. This was combined with the steam being let out of us by Barnabus's ex being a bitch queen and saying that since their ancient court order states the address he takes his daughter to is in the city at his grandparents' house (it was where he was living when he got the court ordered visitation) that's where we've got to go, despite having a two bedroom place here that we specifically got so that we could be closer to his daughter and she could have her own damn bedroom.

The third hurdle is my work schedule. If I want to get anything done at all, I have to do it before work, which I am not used to doing.

The final hurdle goes back to the place itself, we're in a third-floor walk up and we go through a lot of cardboard (we go through a lot of soda and frozen food, I'm not much of a cook and I hate having to eat dinner at nearly 9pm so I need something quick and easy).

And both of us are just lazy. I hate doing dishes (or really, any housework, I was forced to do it as a kid and I guess I'm overly reacting to that forced labor by hating to do anything).  It's not that I wouldn't love a clean house, but I want one that inexplicably stays that way, or I want to be able to Mary Poppins "Spoon Full of Sugar" everything back into its place with a snap of my fingers. Where's a house-elf when you need one?

May you be blessed by whichever gods you fancy,

BellaDonna Saberhagen

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed the article I read on WitchVox today. :)

    ReplyDelete